manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Useful tip?
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 23:35:40 GMT
Hi Ronny,

It is of course possible that the performance characteristics of
vacuum have changed over the years.  I am not in a position to
evaluate postgresql improvements in this area so if you have reason to
believe our recommendations could be improved please let us know the
results of your experiments.

Thanks,
Karl

Sent from my Windows Phone

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronny Heylen
Sent: 11/9/2013 3:57 PM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Useful tip?

We are not used (yet ;-) ) to read the logging we can get from the
manifoldcf UI, but it seemed to us that manifoldcf was loosing some
time on ~-...doc files (the hidden files MS-Word is using while you
are editing and left on the disk when MS-Word crashes).

We have +/- 80000 doc files and had +/- hidden 1000 ~-...doc files
accumulated over the years.
By adding to our *.doc* job a first rule:
exclude any file/directory
*/~*
the job (only one test, soon to make conclusion) takes 1h20 instead of 2h20
 Looks promising.