manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does ManifoldCF support distributed search with Apache Solr?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:22:11 GMT
Hi Markus,

Disabling authorization checking on a sharded system was unintentional - if
that's what has actually happened.  The actual control through Solr on such
systems, though, is anything but straightforward.  I believe an unsharded
request first hits one of the solr nodes, and then sharding takes place,
and sends the request to the remaining nodes with the shard parameter set.
If that is a correct picture then the code is correct.  But it may not be
anymore; best way of figuring that out is to try it and see.

Please let me know what you find - we would be happy to release new
versions of the plugins to address any sharding issues you discover.

Thanks,
Karl