manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint List item URLs
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:31:50 GMT
Hi Mark,

I am not surprised you are seeing the changed URLs yet, because you are
missing the connector code changes.  I'll attach a patch to the
CONNECTORS-813 ticket momentarily that should do that though.

Thanks,
Karl

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> So I'm still not seeing a change in the URLs that are coming back for
> SharePoint list items after reinstalling the updated plugin.
>
> Is there a way for me to check that the new plugin is correctly in place
> without actually logging into the SharePoint host?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Karl, will retry the plugin (and check the logs if it fails), but need
>> to wait to get it installed on the server -- out of my personal control.
>>
>> But I'll definitely get to it and report back.
>>
>> Mark
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for clarifying.
>>>
>>> Like I said, the only solution I can find to produce the right URL
>>> involves plugin changes.  I updated the plugin on the people.apache.orgsite enough
times in quick succession that I think it may well be the case
>>> that you did not try the right one, so I hope you will be able to confirm
>>> that tomorrow.  I've already committed what I think is the correct code to
>>> branches/CONNECTORS-813 but I won't supply that as a patch until we have a
>>> working plugin.
>>>
>>> If you try the plugin again, and it still fails, have a look at the
>>> SharePoint event logs; there may be an exception from the plugin in it that
>>> would be of help.  The exceptions are all logged, but they are very hard to
>>> find.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Karl

 Can

plugin failed to work properly.

- let's just rule that out first.

 It seems to be

<

crawler never sent
the Job Completed callback.

'34') -
'34') -
'/test3/Links'
'34') -
'34') -
'34') -
'34') -
'/test3/Links'
'26') -
did not exist;
'26') -
'34') -
'35') -

<

MCPermissions.asmx plugin
the .wsp for it from:

same name in the
you prefer, I can build the complete

sure that this plugin
with getting exceptions or
to the drawing board, but if it
modifications to the
it.

you will need to crawl
that MCF discovers the list items

do this.

Wright <

Karl Wright <

ManifoldCF SharePoint 2010
2010 in your connection definition?

is communicating with the
perform this activity.  Please see this page:

is the "Url" field of the
member that I can see.  So, are inspecting
service?  I wonder how the Lists webservice
a ListItemURL, in C#?

PM, Karl Wright <

we will need a new release of

PM, Mark Libucha <

LISTITEMURL

at 1:25 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
what comes back in the "FileRef" field
getListItems response.  It is possible that there's a
list items.  I'll create a ticket and look into what the

at 3:46 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
work either.

UI, the Task List is presented as a
of the individual items in the list presented as a URL.
on an item, it raises a pop up...

the page look like this...

the URIs they are handing back to MCF...

info.

2013 at 12:25 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
indeed uses URLs of this form.  The one you
describes a List in the root site called "Tasks", and references
item in that list.  I'm surprised SharePoint doesn't give
better than a 404 when you go to it, though.

to http://myhost/Lists/Tasks#2_.000<http://myhost/Lists/Tasks/2_.000>without it giving
a 404?  because that's something the connector could
do.

19, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
I crawl a list, I get back URLs that look like

URL returns a 404, but I think that's a
issue. I don't believe there's a way to point directly to an
in List (is there?).

then is, is SharePoint returning this URL
form, or is MCF creating the URL based on the name of the list?