manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manifold agent stop unclean
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:20:25 GMT
Hi Marcello,

The only correct way to shut down a ManifoldCF process is to either use
stop-agents.sh, use ^C, or use plain "kill".  "kill -9" will leave dangling
things around and should be avoided.  If you do kill a process in this way,
then the proper steps are:

(1) Shut down ALL ManifoldCF processes
(2) Run lock-clean.sh
(3) Start the processes back up