manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manifold and pg_xlog data
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:21:14 GMT
Hi Marcello,

The person who came up with the recommendations in the Performance page was
not me, but rather a contributor who had all the hardware and database
expertise needed to tune the version of PostgreSQL that was current at that
time.  Perhaps he felt that PostgreSQL performs better with a longer
checkpoint interval, but I don't know that for certain.  It is possible,
therefore, that your mileage may vary.  In any case, there is no
*intrinsic* reason that you could not experiment with changing the numbers
and explore how the database performs.

Karl