manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint List item URLs
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 08:20:40 GMT
Thanks for clarifying.

Like I said, the only solution I can find to produce the right URL involves
plugin changes.  I updated the plugin on the people.apache.org site enough
times in quick succession that I think it may well be the case that you did
not try the right one, so I hope you will be able to confirm that
tomorrow.  I've already committed what I think is the correct code to
branches/CONNECTORS-813 but I won't supply that as a patch until we have a
working plugin.

If you try the plugin again, and it still fails, have a look at the
SharePoint event logs; there may be an exception from the plugin in it that
would be of help.  The exceptions are all logged, but they are very hard to
find.

Thanks,
Karl

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I noticed that, too. But unfortunately the URLs sent to the output
> connectors are no different.
>

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I just noticed that the log output for the list item URL was incorrect in
>> the CONNECTORS-813 patch; it was outputting the old url value into the log,
>> even though the NEW url was being sent to the output connector.  Can you
>> confirm that you did in fact not just look at the ManifoldCF log to
>> determine whether or not the patch worked?
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was trying to read the value as metadata, but clearly, then, it is not
>>> available, and we will need to construct it ourselves, probably according
>>> to this formula:
>>>
>>> // Display form full url
>>> string.Format("{0}{1}?ID={2}", item.Web.Url, item.ParentList.Forms[PAGETYPE.PAGE_DISPLAYFORM].ServerRelativeUrl,
item.ID)

>>> The problem is that when I included this in the plugin code, the plugin failed
to work properly.

>>> No doubt it threw an exception of some kind, but we have no idea what that was.
>>>
>>> Constructing it in Java is fine except I'm missing whatever the item.ParentList.Forms[]
array would have

>>> contained.  Can you confirm that this is the plugin you tried:
>>>
>>> 11832 Nov 20 17:35 MetaCarta.SharePoint.MCPermissionsService.wsp
>>>
>>> If the size differed it is possible you were using the wrong one - let's just
rule that out first.

>>> Karl

SharePoint:
SharePoint:
SharePoint:
SharePoint:
SharePoint:
SharePoint:
SharePoint:
SharePoint:
SharePoint:
SharePoint:
SharePoint:

this plugin

need to crawl
discovers the list items

<daddywri@gmail.com

SharePoint 2010
in your connection definition?

with the
activity.  Please see this page:

"Url" field of the
I can see.  So, are inspecting
I wonder how the Lists webservice
in C#?

<

need a new release of the

Libucha <

Karl Wright <

back in the "FileRef" field of
 It is possible that there's a better
create a ticket and look into what the options

PM, Mark Libucha <

Task List is presented as a
items in the list presented as a URL.
it raises a pop up...

like this...

are handing back to MCF...

PM, Karl Wright <

URLs of this form.  The one you
List in the root site called "Tasks", and references
list.  I'm surprised SharePoint doesn't give
a 404 when you go to it, though.

it giving a 404?  because that's something the connector could

at 3:21 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
I get back URLs that look like this:

a 404, but I think that's a SharePoint
there's a way to point directly to an item in List

is, is SharePoint returning this URL in
MCF creating the URL based on the name of the list?