manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Mark Libucha <mlibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Authority Service questions
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:51:11 GMT
Hi there,

Having problems getting my head around the MCF Authority Service. Please
just direct me to the documentation if this information is out there
already.

Is this service (just) a webapp?

If so, should running start-webapps.sh install/start it? (I have run
start-webapps.sh, but myhost:8345/mcf-authority-service/UserACLs gives me a
404.)

If it's not just a webapp, what else do I need to install/register? That
is, is something like mod-authz-annotate also required in addition to the
webapp?

Assuming I'm using my own search engine output connector (not using Solr)
how does the search engine call the Authority Service? Via the JSON API?

Or should I just dive into the Solr plug-in source?

Thanks,

Mark