manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Mark Libucha <mlibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint List item URLs
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:28:56 GMT
Hi Karl,

So I'm still not seeing a change in the URLs that are coming back for
SharePoint list items after reinstalling the updated plugin.

Is there a way for me to check that the new plugin is correctly in place
without actually logging into the SharePoint host?

Thanks,

Mark

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Karl, will retry the plugin (and check the logs if it fails), but need
> to wait to get it installed on the server -- out of my personal control.
>
> But I'll definitely get to it and report back.
>
> Mark
>

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for clarifying.
>>
>> Like I said, the only solution I can find to produce the right URL
>> involves plugin changes.  I updated the plugin on the people.apache.orgsite enough
times in quick succession that I think it may well be the case
>> that you did not try the right one, so I hope you will be able to confirm
>> that tomorrow.  I've already committed what I think is the correct code to
>> branches/CONNECTORS-813 but I won't supply that as a patch until we have a
>> working plugin.
>>
>> If you try the plugin again, and it still fails, have a look at the
>> SharePoint event logs; there may be an exception from the plugin in it that
>> would be of help.  The exceptions are all logged, but they are very hard to
>> find.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Karl
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, I noticed that, too. But unfortunately the URLs sent to the output
>>> connectors are no different.

seems to be

to you.

Job Completed callback.

'34') - SharePoint:
'34') - SharePoint:
'34') - SharePoint:
'/*'
'34') - SharePoint:
'34') - SharePoint:
'34') - SharePoint:
'26') - SharePoint:
assuming library
'26') - SharePoint:
'34') - SharePoint:
'35') - SharePoint:
assuming library
'35') - SharePoint:
- deleting

<daddywri@gmail.com

.wsp for it from:

name in the plugin
I can build the complete package

that this plugin
with getting exceptions or
the drawing board, but if it
modifications to the

will need to crawl
MCF discovers the list items

this.

<

Wright <

SharePoint 2010
2010 in your connection definition?

this activity.  Please see this page:

is the "Url" field of the
member that I can see.  So, are inspecting
 I wonder how the Lists webservice
ListItemURL, in C#?

Karl Wright <

we will need a new release of

PM, Mark Libucha <

PM, Karl Wright <

comes back in the "FileRef" field
response.  It is possible that there's a
items.  I'll create a ticket and look into what the

at 3:46 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
either.

UI, the Task List is presented as a
of the individual items in the list presented as a URL.
an item, it raises a pop up...

page look like this...

URIs they are handing back to MCF...

at 12:25 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
uses URLs of this form.  The one you
a List in the root site called "Tasks", and references
in that list.  I'm surprised SharePoint doesn't give
than a 404 when you go to it, though.

http://myhost/Lists/Tasks#2_.000<http://myhost/Lists/Tasks/2_.000>without it giving
a 404?  because that's something the connector could

2013 at 3:21 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
a list, I get back URLs that look like

returns a 404, but I think that's a SharePoint
don't believe there's a way to point directly to an item in List

then is, is SharePoint returning this URL
or is MCF creating the URL based on the name of the list?