manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Mark Libucha <mlibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint List item URLs
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 19:22:05 GMT
Struggling with this...still not working for me. Maybe I'm applying the
patch incorrectly?

I'm stuck with svn 1.6, so I can't use "svn patch", and have to use the
patch command manually.

That being said, which of the URLs on this page should I download and apply?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS-813

Thanks,

Mark

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, patch for the ticket has been updated.
>
> Karl
>

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I am not surprised you are seeing the changed URLs yet, because you are
>> missing the connector code changes.  I'll attach a patch to the
>> CONNECTORS-813 ticket momentarily that should do that though.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Karl
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Mark Libucha <mlibucha@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Karl,
>>>
>>> So I'm still not seeing a change in the URLs that are coming back for
>>> SharePoint list items after reinstalling the updated plugin.
>>>
>>> Is there a way for me to check that the new plugin is correctly in place
>>> without actually logging into the SharePoint host?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mark

the plugin failed to work properly.

the item.ParentList.Forms[] array would have

one - let's just rule that out first.

doesn't involve

<

using a different
that it does not fail for
items?

<

 It seems to be

right back to you.

Libucha <

crawler never sent
except for the Job Completed callback.

thread '34') -
thread '34') -
list '/test3/Links'
thread '34') -
matched rule path '/*'
thread '34') -
thread '34') -
thread '34') -
a list: '/test3/Links'
thread '26') -
did not exist;
thread '26') -
'/test3/Calendar' - deleting
thread '34') -
thread '35') -
did not exist;
thread '35') -
'/test3/SitePages' - deleting

Karl Wright <

of the MCPermissions.asmx
You can download the .wsp for it from:

of the same name in the
 Or, if you prefer, I can build the complete

to make sure that this plugin
for files, with getting exceptions or
are back to the drawing board, but if it
make appropriate modifications to the
to it.

working, you will need to
and make sure that MCF discovers the list
errors.

able to do this.

PM, Karl Wright <

PM, Karl Wright <

the ManifoldCF SharePoint 2010
SharePoint 2010 in your connection definition?

is communicating with the
to perform this activity.  Please see this page:

is returning is the "Url" field of
"ListItemURL" member that I can see.  So, are
from the Lists web service?  I wonder how the Lists
the FileRef URL into a ListItemURL, in C#?

at 4:35 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
then we will need a new release
2010 plugin.

at 4:32 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
this: LISTITEMURL

me.

2013 at 1:25 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
use is what comes back in the "FileRef"
the Lists.asmx getListItems response.  It is possible that there's
choice for list items.  I'll create a ticket and look into what
are.

19, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

> [...]
doesn't work either.

SharePoint UI, the Task List is presented as a
with each of the individual items in the list presented as a URL.
you click on an item, it raises a pop up...

on the page look like this...

like the URIs they are handing back to MCF...

for the info.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
Mark,

indeed uses URLs of this form.  The one
provided describes a List in the root site called "Tasks", and
the second item in that list.  I'm surprised SharePoint doesn't
something better than a 404 when you go to it, though.

you go to http://myhost/Lists/Tasks#2_.000<http://myhost/Lists/Tasks/2_.000>without
it giving a 404?  because that's something the connector could
do.

Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Mark Libucha <
wrote:

When I crawl a list, I get back URLs that look like

this:

http://myhost/Lists/Tasks/2_.000

This URL returns a 404, but I think that's a

SharePoint issue. I don't believe there's a way to point directly to an

item in List (is there?).

My question then is, is SharePoint returning this

URL in this form, or is MCF creating the URL based on the name of the list?

Thanks,

Mark