manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: metadata problem for subsite libraries
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:56:55 GMT
Hi Karl,

Here is my config. Weird thing is same config works for Lists.

Path rules:
Path match = /finans/ornek/Sayfalar/*
Rule type = file
Action = include

Metadata:
Path match = /finans/ornek/Sayfalar/*
Action = include
All metadata? = false
Fields = ArticleByLine, ArticleStartDate, Audience, Author …

Thanks,
Ahmet

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:45 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ahmet,

All I can remember about this coming up before involved people not having appropriate metadata
rules.  So if you include a screen shot of your metadata rules, that ought to help clarify
what is happening.

FWIW, metadata for a library will require you to have an explicit matching library rule on
your metadata tab.  Since this is a subsite, you will also need a site rule.

Thanks,
Karl

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Ahmet Arslan <iorixxx@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

>I am connection a SharePoint 2010 instance with both trunk and ManifoldCF 1.5.1 version.
>
>When I define a job to crawl a document library by "add site", no MetaData is sent to
output connector. I can see list of metadata and select them. But only GUID (although I don't
select GUID nor it is listed in the list) is sent. Documents are indexed but no metadata.

>There is no metadata problem with Lists.
>

>'Document Library' Example
>/site1/site2/Documents/* does not honour selected MetaData.
>/Documents/* honurs selected MetaData.
>
>I think someone has reported similar  problems (for document library under {sub}(site)
in the past but I couldn't find the e-mail or jira.