manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handle SolrServerException in SolrConnecotor, HttpPoster
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 09:35:39 GMT
Hi Hiroshi,

I've created CONNECTORS-920 to describe this issue (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS-920).  In the future, for
cases like this, you can create tickets yourself.

One point, though, is that SocketTimeoutException is typically thrown when
Solr fails to respond during the time a document is being posted to it.
This is likely due to load on the Solr instance.  Given that, it does not
make much sense to skip the document, but to retry it later.  This is the
fix I will make.

Karl