manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From <pankaj.pand...@wipro.com>
Subject Get Repository connection on Job Save.
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 11:11:26 GMT
Hi,

I am working on customizing the ManifoldCF job with Documentum Repository connection and Solr
Output connection. After selecting the various job parameters(such as Document Types, Paths,
Content Types etc.), when a user clicks on save, I need to establish a Documentum Repository
connection, get additional info from repository and then post it to another application(invoking
RestAPI). This needs to happen every time a change is made to the Job.

Now, so far I am able to figure out that mcf-pull-agents is called on save of Job and it makes
connection with DCTM connector(DCTM.java) for getting data out of Documentum repository. What
I cannot figure out is how can I get hold of the repository session from DCTM connector in
Jobs.java or JobManager.java(of mcf-pull-agents) on save of the Job.  I would prefer for this
happen on server side, as I can see that Job page JSP can fetch the data from Manifold server(using
Repository connection), which I can then post back to the RestAPI. Howerver, as both the applications
would be hosted on the same server, so it doesn't seem like a good coding to un-necessary
fetch the data in JSP(client-side) and send back to server.  Alternatively, I can add Documentum
DFC code to get the info, but that seems like overkill and bad practice, as we already have
a batch file running for connecting to DCTM repository and getting the info.

It would be really helpful, if someone can explain how to make DCTM connection in mcf-pull-agent.

Thanks!

Regards,
Pankaj Pandey

of this message and any attachments.