manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manifoldcf sharepoint connecyor
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 12:29:58 GMT
MCF_HOME is only used by scripts; if you aren't using scripts, it isn't
necessary.
XXX vs XXX-proprietary is described here:
http://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/trunk/en_US/how-to-build-and-deploy.html#Binary+organization

Basically, connectors that have dependencies that ManifoldCF cannot ship
but are freely available (and downloadable with ant make-deps) will not
require the -proprietary variant.  Connectors that have dependencies that
are not freely available will need to be run using the -proprietary variant.

Karl

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Babita Bansal <babita.bansal@gmail.com>wrote:

> hi Karl\
>
> It seems there was delayed in configuring job for windows share. I have
> done that and working fine. It could be because in my windows machine 2
> tomcat was running one for solr and other for manifoldcf.
>
> Yes i was running example, what is the difference in using example and e
> xample-proprietary?
>
> Could you please let me know what should i use?
>
> And how the MCF_HOME path should be set, till  example or above that.
>
> Thanks
> Babita Bansal
>

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Babita,
>>
>> Can you describe the actual symptoms?  Perhaps you are using example, and
>> need to be using example-proprietary?
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 7:07 AM, Babita Bansal <babita.bansal@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> but it was working till yesterday, no changes have been made by me. any
>>> clue?

 Do

Postgresql,
 Simpler is usually
away with the

 There is
Tomcat rather than

appropriate
share the same

 Which MCF

combined war you

files in tomcat

startup of tomcat use

is 9.1 and running

<

connector for 1.5.1
are trying to crawl, so there is
intended to do from this point was
1.5.1 single-process example
and configuration you are trying
that is, and don't know how
work without further information.

<

using start.jar, i
connector is also working, will
me the exact source code which

Wright <

from mcf 1.5.1.  The style
 What version of mcf are you really

then try modifying single
your postgres database.  The
the parameters you need to do that.

single process, so just try
goes.

and application, it
postgres DB. What i did, downloaded the
properties.xml file provided the
command initialize.bat to create the
share and alfresco easily. But when i
just blank page no error on log file.
to set debugging, as i don't see anything
for configuration :

really appreciated.
done any configuration on share point

session with you.

Karl Wright <

app server misconfiguration,
example, and setting up your

the UI>

PM, Babita Bansal <

2010 with manifoldcf
i just get blank page . when i
parameter value. I am using postgres db with
is 1.5.1 . alfresco n windows share