manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to check Sharepoint ACLs into Solr using MCF 1.5.1.
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:00:55 GMT
Oh, one other thing: it is possible that the user you queried for did not
*need* any additional ACL information because it was an admin user.  Can
you try the same query with a user who is not an admin?

Thanks!
Karl

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lalit,
>
> When you invoke Solr, you invoke it via an HTTP request.  To pass in an
> authenticated user name, you can pass it in as an argument on the URL for
> that request.  The README documentation for the plugin describes what the
> parameter name(s) are called.
>
> Alternatively, you can code up a Solr plugin yourself that authenticates a
> user and puts the user name in the Request object.
>
> Karl
>

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> Alfresco :  yeah its the problem here. I am still trying to get something
>> working here.
>>
>> Solr: Yes i have installed MCF Solr plugin , put jar in SOlr , updated
>> Solr schema with 4 additional fields & updated solrconfig.xml for MCF
>> request handler. I do have authenticated user which is querying the Solr
>> for search results and no unauthenticated user will see the search page. By
>> getting authenticated user into solr query means adding user & his
>> permissions into solr query using a filter or fields?
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lalit,
>>>
>>> About Alfresco: do you see any user security information in this
>>> record?  I don't.  Without that iinformation, I don't see how security can
>>> be done.  Perhaps there's another way to get at it?
>>>
>>> About Solr:  Have you installed the appropriate ManifoldCF Solr Plugin
>>> into your solr instance yet?  You drop down a jar, and then you need to
>>> include one of the plugin filtering classes in your query parsing or
>>> component processing chains in Solr.  You will also need a way of getting
>>> an authenticated user into your Solr query so that the plugin can see it.
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com

can you guide me how can i use them while searching content from these both repositories?

REST

Alfresco API's

ACLs, so

into solr index
as below. I can see
drive but for CMIS, i am not
stored. Am i missing

<daddywri@gmail.com

for Windows
for SharePoint; you typically
 You therefore should have a
is distinct from the one for

of the ManifoldCF
that they will collide.  So

the bin distribution
 Please have a look and read

<

based on active directory
Windows Share Drive, so i am using
authority connection. All my
as job is running good but i am still
solr.

in solr to see the same?

which needs to
or is it that i need to write
aware?

Wright <

Native" as the
repository connection.  You'd use "Active
only if you were using the "Active

"SharePoint/AD", or
authority group, use "SharePoint native"
use "Active directory"

get posted to Solr if you
install and configure the
comes with a README, which describes
to support security.

lalit jangra <

indexing Sharepoint 2010
4.6.

steps.

called "SharePoint Group"
connection called "SharePoint
group "SharePoint Group" in step 1. For user
mapping and used default
says "Connection Working".
called "SharePoint
"SharePoint Group"as in step1 as authority
User Mapping" as prerequisite, using my own
details. When i save it, it says

connection for
Connection" selecting authority group called
down list ,  providing all relevant details
type as "Active Directory". On saving,

job providing following
as "SharePoint
as "Solr Connection".
library, shared documents,
metadata tab selecting all
to solr schema fields.

see SharePoint content
solr. I can verify it using solr admin query

ACL information. How can
information is also stored in Solr. Do i
also?