manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper in Apache ManifoldCF
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:33:11 GMT
Hi Lalit,

1. zookeeper is already spun into MCF.  in fact you start a zookeeper
instance when you run the mcf zookeeper example.  They recommend, though,
that for failover you have 3 instances, etc.
2. Looks like the documentation is out of date and something old is left in
there.
3. Zookeeper is a client/server kind of arrangement.  You need at least ONE
zookeeper server, and each cluster member includes a zookeeper client,
which is configured to talk with ALL the zookeeper server instances you
have.
4.  There is ONE database instance; the instance may be supported by
failover and redundant Postgresql, but it appears as one instance.  TO get
failover from Postgres you need the Enterprise Edition, which costs money.

Karl