manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Apache ManifoldCF job stuck up
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 13:38:34 GMT
Hi lalit,

This occurs when you have more than one agents process with the same
process id using the same shared file system directory / zookeeper
cluster.  There is no other way it can occur.

Thanks,
Karl

Sent from my Windows Phone

-----Original Message-----
From: lalit jangra
Sent: 7/8/2014 8:38 AM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache ManifoldCF job stuck up

Thanks Karl,

I have tried steps you suggested and it worked on one instance.

But on another instance i am still not able to resolve this issue.
Along with steps you mentioned, i tried recreating DB instance again,
setting up new MCF instance , cleaning locks and then starting agents
first & then tomcat. But issue still persists.

If i try to run ./start-agents.sh, i get this error for agent A.

ERROR 2014-07-08 13:32:19,823 (Agents thread) - Exception tossed:
Service 'A' of type
'AGENT_org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.CrawlerAgent' is already
active

org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.ManifoldCFException: Service 'A'
of type 'AGENT_org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.CrawlerAgent' is
already active

        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.lockmanager.BaseLockManager.registerServiceBeginServiceActivity(BaseLockManager.java:156)

        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.lockmanager.BaseLockManager.registerServiceBeginServiceActivity(BaseLockManager.java:120)

        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.lockmanager.LockManager.registerServiceBeginServiceActivity(LockManager.java:69)

        at org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.system.AgentsDaemon.checkAgents(AgentsDaemon.java:270)

But if i try to run ./start-agents-2.sh, i see similar error but agent B

ERROR 2014-07-08 13:32:19,823 (Agents thread) - Exception tossed:
Service 'B' of type
'AGENT_org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.CrawlerAgent' is already
active

org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.ManifoldCFException: Service 'B'
of type 'AGENT_org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.CrawlerAgent' is
already active

        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.lockmanager.BaseLockManager.registerServiceBeginServiceActivity(BaseLockManager.java:156)

        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.lockmanager.BaseLockManager.registerServiceBeginServiceActivity(BaseLockManager.java:120)

        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.lockmanager.LockManager.registerServiceBeginServiceActivity(LockManager.java:69)

        at org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.system.AgentsDaemon.checkAgents(AgentsDaemon.java:270)

Regards.