manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance on shared drive documents
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:36:01 GMT
Hi Ameya,

Yes, I figured that you would be using the share connector to crawl shared
drives.  That's what I am talking about, though.  The share connector is
only as fast as the server you are connected to, and there may be
indirections also if the path contains DFS links.  Regardless, though,
Windows file servers are easily overloaded, in my experience, so try not to
overload them unnecessarily.  When a file server gets overloaded, it often
fails with a timeout (which you can see in the simple history report, or in
the manifoldcf log).  That's a sign that you need to throttle more, and the
best way to do that is to limit further the number of simultaneous
connections.

Thanks,
Karl