manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache ManifoldCF job stuck up
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 17:52:15 GMT
Hi Lalit,

Since I'm quite busy at work today, can you do the following:

- Start with a fresh build of MCF
- Go to the multiprocess-file example and start that in Jetty, with NO
changes
- If that doesn't work, open a ticket.  If that DOES work, proceed as
follows:
- Shut down the webapps process in the example
- Set up a fresh tomcat instance
- Configure tomcat to point to the multiprocess-file example properties.xml.
- Deploy the wars to that tomcat (except combined war)
- Once again, try your job.  Let me know the result.

Thanks,
Karl

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi lalit,
>
> I don't see anything wrong with your environment.  I suspect your
> configuration is what is wrong.
>
> Karl
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 1:46 PM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Karl,
>>
>> I agree with you. I am using Red Hat 6.4 with Postgres 9.2 & tomcat 7.
>>
>> Can this be an issue ?
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lalit,
>>>
>>> I tried the zookeeper example here this morning and it worked
>>> perfectly.  I am happy to try the file system example too, when I have a
>>> moment, but I very much doubt there is any problem with that code
>>> specifically.
>>>
>>> Remember that this is NOT a database issue.  It is a synchronization
>>> issue ONLY.  So it does not matter what database instance you point it to.
>>>
>>> Karl

If i use

could see it

the UI, create the
work for you?

<

i am starting
created output connection,
i start my job, it does not go

<

process at the same
agents process.

jangra <

new MCF 1.5.1 instance, con
to local postgresql DB in
Then i tool a brand new
it in setenv.sh for properties.xml using
argument and deployed mcf-combined.war

command & the
the error, even when tomcat is not
job which never runs & get stuck.

> [...]