manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache ManifoldCF job stuck up
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 22:35:58 GMT
Hi Lalit,

Sorry, I thought my instructions were clear.  For this exercise, I want you
to use ONLY the example under dist/multiprocess-file-example.  DO NOT use
the example under dist/example.

Here are the instructions again, clarified and fleshed out:

- Start with a fresh build of MCF
- Go to the multiprocess-file example and start that in Jetty, with NO
changes:
  - cd multiprocess-file-example
  - start-database.sh
  - initialize.sh
  - start-agents.sh
  - in a separate window: cd multiprocess-file-example ; start-webapps.sh
  - create connections and job, see if it runs
- If that doesn't work, open a ticket.  If that DOES work, proceed as
follows:
- Shut down the webapps process:
  - go to the window where start-webapps.sh is running, and type ^C
- Set up a fresh tomcat instance
- Configure tomcat to point to the multiprocess-file example properties.xml:
  - Modify the tomcat startup scripts to include -D
org.apache.manifoldcf.configfile=<path_to_dist/multiprocess-file-example/properties.xml>
  - Start the new instance of tomcat
- Deploy the wars to that tomcat (except combined war)
  - Use the Tomcat admin tool to deploy mcf-crawler-ui.war,
mcf-authority-service.war, and mcf-api-service.war
- Go to the UI as served by Tomcat.  You should see your connections, job,
etc just as before.  Run the job.  Does it work, yes or no?

Thanks,
Karl