manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache ManifoldCF job stuck up
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 15:55:23 GMT
Hi Lalit,

If you are using file synchronization, you cannot expect MCF to clean up
itself unless you shut it down cleanly.  You should be either using ^C or
plain kill, NEVER kill -9.  kill -9 will leave dangling locks.

To clean up dangling locks:

- shut ALL manifoldcf processes and web apps down
- run the lock-clean script
- start up the processes again

Zookeeper synchronization, by the way, does not have this kind of problem.

Thanks,
Karl