manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache ManifoldCF job stuck up
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 17:43:21 GMT
Hi Lalit,

I tried the zookeeper example here this morning and it worked perfectly.  I
am happy to try the file system example too, when I have a moment, but I
very much doubt there is any problem with that code specifically.

Remember that this is NOT a database issue.  It is a synchronization issue
ONLY.  So it does not matter what database instance you point it to.

Karl

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 1:32 PM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Karl,
>
> I did it as you mentioned but still getting same error. This time also i
> setup new DB and tried. Also i could see syncharea folder empty after lock
> cleaning.
>
> Regards.
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lalit,
>>
>> If you were using the multiprocess-file-example before, and you did not
>> shut things down cleanly, you should do: ./lock-clean.sh first.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 1:10 PM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Karl,
>>>
>>> I think its my bad luck today. :(
>>>
>>> I tried the way you just suggested but still getting same error and job
>>> not able to run. What i did.
>>>
>>> 1. Created a brand new DB schema using ./executecommand.sh
>>> org.apache.manifoldcf.core.DBCreate username password
>>> 2. Initialized DB schema using ./initialize.sh
>>> 3. Start agent process A using ./start-agents.sh
>>> 4. Updated tomcat/bin/setenv.sh file to add
>>> "-Dorg.apache.manifoldcf.configfile" parameter to point to properties.xml
>>> under dist/multiprocess-file-example.
>>> 5. Started Tomcat.
>>> 6. Deployed all wars except combined war.
>>> 7. Started job
>>>
>>> Job still not able to take off with same error in logs.
>>>
>>> ERROR 2014-07-08 13:32:19,823 (Agents thread) - Exception tossed:
>>>  Service 'A' of type
>>>  'AGENT_org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.CrawlerAgent' is already
>>> active
>>>
>>> I think its not my day today.
>>>
>>> Regards.

instance, con