Hi Jitu,

Did you ever figure out what the customer requirement really was here?

Thanks,
Karl

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jitu,

SharePoint does not provide a way to crawl documents by date range, so all documents will need to be crawled regardless of any date range requirement, and then filtered.

So at this point it is important to ask the client if their requirement's purpose is to save crawling load on the server, because if it is, you won't get much savings.  But if the client wants this feature for other reasons, we can support it with some work.

Please open a ticket if you find that the client has a legitimate reason for this requirement.

Karl

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: Jitu
Sent: 10/3/2014 4:22 PM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: regarding crawl parameters

Hi Karl,

 Thanks for your continuous support. we have a requirement from our client to crawl files which are created/modified in last one month or 2 months from share point server and that parameter should be configurable in gui. we are using manifoldcf 1.7 version. Is there a way to achieve this. Please help.

Thanks,
Jitu