manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Kambiz Niktabar <nikta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Not possible to add DFS root in windows share repository
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:16:09 GMT
Hi Karl,

Actually I got that error on the repository connection page and almost the same "SmbException
thrown: A duplicate name exists on the network" on the Path tab, where there is no box to
type the path (see attached snapshot).
Can you advise why it's not possible to have path e.g. "domain.net/dfs" in the Server field
on repository connection page? I think that might help to browser to that DFS root.

Regards
Kambiz

________________________________
 From: Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>
To: "user@manifoldcf.apache.org" <user@manifoldcf.apache.org>; Kambiz Niktabar <niktabar@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: Not possible to add DFS root in windows share repository

Hi Kambiz,

I presume the "Couldn't connect to server: A duplicate name exists on the network." error
occurs on the connection view page?  If so, you might be able to just ignore this error, and
type in a path on the Paths tab.

If that doesn't work for you, I can't help you debug your network.  You will want to contact
Michael Allen at jcifs.samba.org, and ask for network debugging help.

Karl

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 2:39 AM, Kambiz Niktabar <niktabar@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Karl,

>I'm a bit struggling to define a windows share repository to our DFS root. Basically our
DFS root is something like \\domain.net\dfs but in repository connection creation it's not
possible to have entire path in the "Server" field (I get "server name can not include path
information"). It's not either possible to only have domain.net in the server field as it
return another message "Couldn't connect to server: A duplicate name exists on the network."
Can you advise how this can be fixed?