manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using HSQLDB for production
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 19:11:24 GMT
Hi Bert,

HSQLDB is fairly aggressive at using memory, to the extent that I believe
it tries to keep entire tables in memory.  If you decide to use HSQLDB in
embedded mode, you will therefore have to give MCF memory that is
consistent with your particular task, and expect to run out of memory
periodically as things grow.

If you use HSQLDB as an external database, then I think you'd only need to
worry about the HSQLDB instance itself.  But that would certainly decrease
the convenience you are looking for.

Karl