manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Timo Selvaraj <timo.selva...@gmail.com>
Subject File system continuous crawl settings
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 08:36:11 GMT
Hi,

We are testing the continuous crawl feature for file system connector on a small folder to
test if new documents are added to the folder, missing documents removed and modified documents
updated are handled by the continuous crawl job:

Here are the settings we use:

Schedule type:	Rescan documents dynamically
Minimum recrawl interval:	5 minutes	Maximum recrawl interval:	10 minutes
Expiration interval:	5 minutes	Reseed interval:	10 minutes
No scheduled run times
Maximum hop count for link type 'child':	Unlimited
Hop count mode:	Delete unreachable documents

Adding new documents seem to be getting picked up by the job however removal of a document
or update to a document are not being picked up.

Am I missing any settings for the deletions or updates? I do see the document that has been
removed is showing as Processing under Queue Status and others are showing as Waiting for
Processing.

Any idea what setting is missing for the deletes/updates to be recognized and re-indexed?

Thanks,
Timo