manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database Sizing for MCF
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 16:24:09 GMT
Hi Babita,

Unfortunately I do not have enough experience with the alfresco connector
to give an estimate for the size of a record.  For SharePoint, sizing
depends strongly on the number of (and data contained in) the metadata
attributes defined for the SharePoint sites you want to crawl.

If I were you I would plan on trying to determine an estimate based on
experimentation rather than out-of-the-blue computation.  If you can come
up with a size estimate for the jobqueue and ingeststatus tables,
experimentally per some small N records, it should be possible to compute
what you would need for the whole job.  You should also make sure at least
2x the space is available, because you will want to vacuum the postgresql
tables, which can make a copy.

Karl