manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Virgiliu R <gosuv...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Store file size in Solr
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 13:01:17 GMT
Yes, I am interested in the original document length (in bytes), not the extracted one. I am
sorry but I don't get what you mean by "the binary length of the document is available for
indexing in the output connector". There is a maximum document length property on the Documents
tab in Solr Output Connection but probably I cannot adapt it for my needs.

Is there any way of saving the original document length into Solr or do I have to do something
custom?

Thanks,
vigi

Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 08:30:48 -0400
Subject: Re: FW: Store file size in Solr
From: daddywri@gmail.com
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org

Hi Vigi,
Are you looking for the document length, or the extracted content length?
In any case, the binary length of the document is available for indexing in the output connector,
but none of our output connectors deal with it at this time.  In addition, if you want the
*original* binary document length, before any Tika processing, then you will need support
added to the various repository connectors since that info is currently not retained.
Thanks,Karl