manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Markus Schuch <markus_sch...@web.de>
Subject Re: Some Questions about Migration from ManifoldCF 1.x to 2.x
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 20:03:16 GMT
Hi Karl,

thanks for the detailed input. That helped me to sort out our options.

I looked into our job configurations and it came out that we don't use
forced metadata or solr field mappings any more. They were already
migrated to the transformation pipeline. So i think it is possible to
recreate the configuration with the export/import commands.

But i will need to customize the import routine a little bit to step
over the version check and ignore the import of the forced metadata
settings.

We will take no further actions to avoid (2) and (3) and live with that.
(too many uncertainties, cost/benefit decision)

Regards,
Markus

---