manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ingestion of multimedia files in manifoldcf
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:54:44 GMT
Hi Dileepa,

MCF is generally able to deal with large files, provided the connectors
being used are implemented consistently with the principle of "bounded
memory".  However, some connectors and/or some operating modes are not
capable of good behavior.  An example is the non-extracting Solr output
connector, where the SolrJ library requires that all pre-extracted content
fit in memory in order to be indexed.

Thanks,
Karl