manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP 302 error causing job to abort
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2016 14:39:26 GMT
Hi again Phil,

The HttpClient team points out that POST requests (as we do for the
SharePoint repository requests) are not allowed to follow 302 redirections
according to RFC2616.  We use POST requests because, for SOAP, there is
often quite a bit of XML data that goes along with the request, and we
would otherwise have size issues.  So we cannot use GET instead of POST.
See CONNECTORS-1279 for details.

If you still believe that it is only a couple of URLs that are returning
302 for you, I'd like some analysis of why you believe that to be true.  I
would be happy to consider recognition of an occasional 302 response as
meaning "skip this document".  On the other hand, based on your stack
trace, it really appears that you have a far more systemic problem; it is
failing while obtaining information for an entire site, so not much would
get crawled in that case.

Thanks,
Karl