manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should a document with an empty version string always be reingested?
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 11:11:58 GMT
Hi Markus,

The canonical way that a connector handles incrementality changed from 1.7
to 1.10.  We maintained backwards compatibility through the inclusion of
legacy base connector methods.  CONNECTORS-1153 reported a problem in one
of those base connector methods, which has been fixed by 1.10.  I can't
tell whether this applies to your situation.

On 2.x the base connector methods no longer have all of the legacy base
connector methods at all, so if you have a custom connector you will need
to rework your connector class to adhere to the newer model.  Specifically,
there is no such method anymore as "getDocumentVersions()".  Instead, your
connector must signal its disposition of any document using the
IProcessActivity methods available for that purpose.

Can you describe in more detail what you are doing here?
(a) Is this a custom connector?
(b) Was it developed on 1.7 or before?
(c) Are you trying to run it on 1.10 or on 2.x?

That will help me give you better responses.

Karl