Hi Mike,

If I were you I'd try to independently verify that the custom field shows up.  Do you see it appear in the pulldown for selecting metadata?  If not, it probably is not accessible through the inspection methods that give us access into SharePoint fields.

If it appears there then we should look at what ES gets sent.  It's possible it appears but under a different field name.

Karl