manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Julien Massiera <julien.massi...@francelabs.com>
Subject Re: User rights for Sharepoint connector
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2017 15:13:29 GMT
Hi folks,

first of all thank you for your answers. I want to notice you that I
found a solution for my problem and share it with you.

I have added my user to the User Policy of the SharePoint Web
Application with Full Read Permissions and I was able to crawl any Site
of the SharePoint with the ACLs !

I have to thank the GSA documentation in which I found this recommandation !

Also, I didn't test but I think what Konrad proposed is also working :

use the*Default Content Access Account*  configured in the SharePoint*Search Service Application*
 (Central Administration > Manage Service Applications > Search Service Application)

As this account has the same permissions.

Regards,
Julien

Le 21/12/2017 à 19:00, Karl Wright a écrit :
> Hi Julien,
>
> I wish one of us was a SharePoint or Microsoft expert, but we're not,
> and we get asked this question all the time.  All I can say is that it
> works when you use a user with full rights, and it doesn't when you
> don't.
>
> Karl
>

> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Julien Massiera
> <julien.massiera@francelabs.com
> <mailto:julien.massiera@francelabs.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi folks,
>
>     I am trying to crawl a SharePoint 2016 using MCF and I have some
>     troubles.
>
>     First time I tried to configure the SharePoint repository
>     connector the status was 'Crawl user did not authenticate
>     properly", after few investigations I found that the user I
>     configured was unable to use SOAP action 'GetListCollections' from
>     the SP webservice. Then I added this user to the "Style Resource
>     Readers" group (not sure it is the good english name of the group)
>     and it resolved the problem.
>     Then I again got a 401 error on the GetPermissionCollection SOAP
>     action. The ManifoldCF agent for SP 2016 is correctly installed
>     and the web page
>     http://myserver:myport/mysite/_vti_bin/MCPermissions.asmx is
>     returning what is expected in the documentation.
>
>     So my question is : do you know what are the specific rights
>     required for my user ? I know that with admin rights on the SP
>     site it works but I would like to avoid an admin user to crawl my
>     site.
>
>     Thanks for your help !
>
>     Julien Massiera
>

>     ---