manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Daniel <Daniel.Tho...@uk.fujitsu.com>
Subject AD Authority Connection Credentials Issue
Date Fri, 18 May 2018 13:26:52 GMT
Hi all,

We are running MCF v2.6 and trying to configure AD/SharePoint authority connections.
Entering the password for these jobs via the API seems to cause us some issues.

We can go to the crawler UI and set up the job with a password such as 'password'. That seems
to hash and encode the password and works perfectly.
If we use the API to build the connection with exactly the same config and 'password' as a
password, the connection fails with an LDAP error.

When we call the 'get' API for the authority connection we just built that returned the LDAP
error, we get JSON back with the password set as 'password' in plain text, not hashed or encoded.

Looking at the API and user docs, I can't see any guidance on how to specify the password
via the API or any of the other fields in the 'domain controller' tab.

Would you be able to provide some guidance on what we are doing wrong please?

Kind regards,
Daniel Thomas
Software Developer
Fujitsu
Email: daniel.thomas@uk.fujitsu.com<mailto:daniel.thomas@uk.fujitsu.com>
Web: http://uk.fujitsu.com<http://uk.fujitsu.com/>
[cid:image010.png@01D3A729.8EBCC530]<https://twitter.com/search?q=fujitsu_Defence&src=typd>[cid:image011.png@01D3A729.8EBCC530]<https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/fujitsu-in-defence-and-national-security/>[cid:image012.png@01D3A729.8EBCC530]<https://www.facebook.com/fujitsuuk>[cid:image013.jpg@01D3A729.8EBCC530]<http://www.uk.fujitsu.com/>
P Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?

Unless otherwise stated, this email has been sent from Fujitsu Services Limited (registered
in England No 96056); Fujitsu EMEA PLC (registered in England No 2216100) both with registered
offices at: 22 Baker Street, London W1U 3BW;  PFU (EMEA) Limited, (registered in England No
1578652) and Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited (registered in England No. 4153469) both
with registered offices at: Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE.

This email is only for the use of its intended recipient. Its contents are subject to a duty
of confidence and may be privileged. Fujitsu does not guarantee that this email has not been
intercepted and amended or that it is virus-free.