manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Job stuck at aborted/starting up
Date Mon, 14 May 2018 12:44:29 GMT
Hi Shashank,

Bashing the database is not the right way to do this, at all.  You will
cause carnage.

What you need to do is diagnose what is happening.

First of all, large jobs take a long time to abort or start up, because
they need to set document priorities for all the crawlable documents in the
queue.  If that's what is happening you will just have to wait until the
operation is complete.  It could take several hours if you have a very
large job (millions of documents).

Second, it could be related to the connector you are using.  If that's the
case, you should see log messages which give you repeating errors.

My suggestion: get a thread dump of the agents process, and post it here.

Karl