manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Farrenkopf, Sven" <Sven.Farrenk...@dreso.com>
Subject RE: Driver class not found: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2018 08:46:28 GMT
It works! Awesome! Thank you! A LOT!

Sven

From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:39 PM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Driver class not found: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

Hi Sven,

When MCF is built, two entirely distinct versions of the examples are created -- a standard
version, and a "proprietary" version.  The proprietary version does not in general include
any proprietary jars and leaves connectors that depend on them disabled in the connectors.xml
file.  The proprietary version is not included in the shipping binary.  If you want everything
to automatically be put together for you and you rely on proprietary jars you will need to
build yourself.

However, it's easy to add root-level proprietary jars to the non-proprietary binary.  The
start options in the examples directories all include references to  root-level proprietary
jars; you just have to add your JDBC driver to those options files and you should be good
to go.

Karl

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 11:36 AM Farrenkopf, Sven <Sven.Farrenkopf@dreso.com<mailto:Sven.Farrenkopf@dreso.com>>