manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Language Detection for the data
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2018 12:05:55 GMT
Hi Nikita,

The Tika transformer may well generate a language attribute.  You would
need to check with Tika, though, to know for sure, and under what
conditions it might generate this.  It should not be confused with document
format detection, which Tika definitely does in order to extract content.

It looks like language detection in Tika either comes from document
metadata already present, or via a Java interface that you need to
explicitly call to get it.  If your documents need the latter, the Tika
connector does not currently do this:

https://tika.apache.org/1.19.1/detection.html#Language_Detection

and

https://tika.apache.org/1.19.1/examples.html#Language_Identification

The documentation does not clarify whether a language attribute is actually
generated; the architecture seems more suited to plug in machine
translators for your content.  I suspect you would need to run the output
of the Tika translator into the NullOutputConnector in order to see what
attributes are being generated to know for sure.

Karl