manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between Maximum document length and Max file size
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2019 12:11:07 GMT
Hi Cihad,

For "Maximum document length", you are talking about the Solr connector,
correct?  In that case it is the maximum size of extracted content that
will be sent to Solr.  (The connector assumes that when you aren't using
the /update/extract handler you are extracting the content upstream of the
Solr connection.)

For "Max file size (bytes)", I assume it's the Document Filter transformer
you are talking about.  This is designed to remove documents whose binary
is in excess of the desired limits.  It could be used just prior to the
Solr connection to remove documents whose extracted content is too large,
but we chose to integrate the limit right in the Solr connector because
that we can enforce the fact that a user really must have a limit for
/update handler content, since it all lives in memory.

Karl