Hi Marcus,

There's a properties.xml debugging logger you can enable that will keep track of what's happening with transactions, so that when an error of this kinds is reported, information about why the situation is unexpected is dumped to the log.  The logger is called "diagnostics" e.g. "org.apache.manifoldcf.diagnostics".

Karl