manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Priya Arora <pr...@smartshore.nl>
Subject Re: Windows shares connector-Error
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2019 11:48:45 GMT
(1) Download source distribution and lib distribution.
[image: image.png]

(2) Unpack and follow directions for placing lib folder in place.
Unpacked
[image: image.png]
(3) Run 'ant make-deps' to download the correct version of jcifs.
Open Cmd and to this
path:-..\Downloads\apache-manifoldcf-2.14-src\apache-manifoldcf-2.14-
run command ant make-deps, Build successfully built,

(4) Run "ant build" to make a distribution that includes proprietary
examples..

It downloaded many folder at below
path ..Downloads\apache-manifoldcf-2.14-src\apache-manifoldcf-2.14\framework
[image: image.png]
(5) Use the proprietary example you need
How to run these above,as i used to start in binary distribution like:-
java -jar start.jar , these folder only contains properties.xml or
connectors.xml etc files

The reason I ran these commands in "src" distribution, because when i
checked build.xml was present in this folder.
[image: image.png]

My question is how to run manifoldcf now? out of the  proprietary  examples
shown above and where the jcif jar file is being downloaded. beacuse inside
this path
"Downloads\apache-manifoldcf-2.14-src\apache-manifoldcf-2.14\lib", I can't
find it.

Can you please help me resolve, my requirement is to get rid of "Exception
in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jcifs/smb/SmbException
        at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)" error, while
starting the manifoldcf binary distribution (Example-> java -jar start.jar)
, while Window shares connectors being uncommented in connectors.xml.

Thanks
Priya