manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Output Connector: SolrCloud with Kerberos / Zookeeper with Kerberos
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2019 06:22:25 GMT
I agree.
The delegation part is not relevant for me. I also do not believe it makes sense at the ETL
level.
 I think still we need add the one line of code that allows to use Kerberos (second line in
the example).

> Am 17.12.2019 um 01:35 schrieb Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>:
>

> Hi Jorn,
>
> The code referenced cannot be set up differently from connection to connection so there
is no point in having this be anything other than global.  In that case you can point at the
config file with -D<parameter>=value and it will do the same thing as setting a system
property.

> The token delegation with HttpClient I'll have to study to confirm that we're doing this
right in the connector.

> Karl
>

>> On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 6:15 PM Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Actually it is here: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_3/kerberos-authentication-plugin.html#using-solrj-with-a-kerberized-solr
>> It is also available in the previous versions of Solr.
>> I wonder how easy it would be to add a configuration to the Manifold UI to point
to a jaas-client.conf. However, it is also not strictly necessary that this one is configurable
in the UI. It could be also a checkbox yes/no Kerberos authentication and the jaas-client.conf
could be put in a certain folder.

>> Interesting would be also if Solr 8.x can be made work in this setting.
>>
>>> On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 11:47 PM Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The Solr Output Connector uses a patched HttpComponents/HttpClient for communication
with the various Solr Cloud replicas, along with custom versions of some of the SolrJ classes
which allow multipart posts to work.  Other than that it's standard SolrJ.  Whatever SolrJ
needs to work with Kerberos, therefore, should work with the ManifoldCF Solr Output Connector.
 So if you can point me at the SolrJ documentation for this configuration I can perhaps review
it and give you my opinion as to the difficulty involved.

>>> Karl

and Zookeeper with Kerberos authentication?

development perspective the Kerberos Authentication with both is not difficult to achieve,
but of course it stil needs to be integrated in the whole solution.