manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CSWS Connector : ServiceConstructionException: Failed to create service
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2020 17:56:33 GMT
These are TLS only. So maybe you have other servers where tls and ssl are possible and it downgrades
to ssl.however, this is speculation and I need to verify it. I have to rebuilt manifold for
that. Probably I have to reinstall everything as the keystorefactory is a dependency in the
connector.

> Am 14.01.2020 um 18:34 schrieb Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>:
>

> If you can recommend changes to support TLS, that would be great.  The basic infrastructure
should still work; it is just a custom keystone and associated SSLSocketFactory, which I think
also is used for TLS connections, unless I am missing something.

>> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020, 9:38 AM Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes this works fine. I believe the error comes from the fact that TLS connections
are not supported.

>>> If you want to test the url and the ssl, I would recommend attempting using SSLPoke
to confirm that they keystore is setup properly:

>>> https://github.com/MichalHecko/SSLPoke
>>>

>>> Michael
>>>

>>> From: Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>
>>> Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 7:21 AM
>>> To: "user@manifoldcf.apache.org" <user@manifoldcf.apache.org>
>>> Subject: Re: CSWS Connector : ServiceConstructionException: Failed to create
service

>>> Hmm, others have succeeded setting up SSL connections with the current code.
 Hoping they chime in here.

>>> Karl
>>>

>>> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020, 8:19 AM Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It seems that it has indeed a certificate issue as it cannot find a valid certification
path to the target. The thing is: I added those certificates in the UI should it should not
happen.

>>> Am 10.01.2020 um 20:51 schrieb Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> 2.15 ...
>>>
>>> I will try on the weekend to see if I can get some logs out of it.
>>>

>>> Am 10.01.2020 um 19:02 schrieb Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Can I ask what version of MCF you are using?  There were issues with SSL in the
first release of the csws connector if I recall correctly, that were fixed for the second
release.

>>> Karl
>>>

>>> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 11:42 AM Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I added root, intermediate and server certificate (in base64 cer, it seems to
be recognized by manifoldcf), but I still get the same message. I will try to get somehow
the full stacktrace

>>> Am 10.01.2020 um 17:21 schrieb Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> If you are using SSL you need to have the proper certificate saved in the connection's
keystore.

>>> Karl
>>>

>>> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 11:20 AM Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It is actually a server using configuration of the command - driven multi-process
model (but the agents executed as a service and the war on a tomcat executed as a service)
under Linux.

>>> I thought as well that it cannot reach the webservices, the question is why.
On the same server I can reach the webservices and fetch the WSDL without issues.

>>> Maybe sth related to ssl ?
>>>

>>> Am 10.01.2020 um 14:59 schrieb Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> How are you running manifoldcf?  Single process example, or a custom setup of
some kind?

>>> This exception is a "catch all" exception generated far below anything in ManifoldCF,
but usually means it cannot download the WSDLs from the service.  Getting the full exception
dumped in the log requires a "hack" to the check() method of the connector, but I'm pretty
sure that's what's happening anyway.

>>> Karl
>>>

>>> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 8:50 AM Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I tried to use the CSWS connector, but already for the Authority connection I
receive a org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException: Failed to create service.

>>> Unfortunately I don’t see more details , also not in the log (debug is activated).
I try to get a little bit more output by modifying the connector, but maybe someone has already
an idea why this can happen?

>>> Are there some special instructions to use it? The pointers to the webservices
are correct, I tested via Curl and SOAPUI.