manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle JDBC Job Error
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2020 01:14:22 GMT
Hi Cihad,

You need to change the query.  The code is perfectly fine.  Follow the
instructions: Try using quotes around $(IDCOLUMN) variable, e.g. \"
$(IDCOLUMN)\" .
Your query should look like this:

SELECT PERSONID AS "$(IDCOLUMN)" FROM PERSON

Karl

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 7:50 PM Cihad Guzel <cguzelg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have debugged the MFC-2.15 codes and caught the problem.
>
> JDBCConnector.java line:270
>
> Object o = row.getValue(JDBCConstants.idReturnColumnName);
>
> if (o == null)
>   throw new ManifoldCFException("Bad seed query; doesn't return $(IDCOLUMN) column.
Try using quotes around $(IDCOLUMN) variable, e.g. \"$(IDCOLUMN)\", or, for MySQL, select
\"by label\" in your repository connection.");

> The "row" object's value is "LCF__ID" -> this is a uppercase string
>
> "JDBCConstants.idReturnColumnName" is "lcf__id" -> this is a lowercase string
>
> So "o" object is null.
>
> I think that Oracle returns the uppercase column name. It is not a bug. How can I fix
it? Should I update the seed query in the Query tab? Should we change the code lines?