manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CSWS Connector : ServiceConstructionException: Failed to create service
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:52:39 GMT
The WSDLS are bundled with the jar.  We intended this to be the ONLY way
the wsdls were accessed, and made lots of changes to the wsdls accordingly,
so that they referenced other wsdls via the "file system".  The wsdls are
the fixed up ones that are used to build the java stubs locally, plus a
config file that's supposed to tell CXF how to resolve referenced wsdls.
That config file may or may not be correct, because we never were able to
get CXF to use the local resource wsdls during actual connection.

Except now they seem to be both fetched via https AND locally sourced.  I
have no idea how that can be.  I had assumed it was done one way or the
other but not both.

Perhaps the problem is that the configuration file is being read but the
resource wsdls are not being found?  Removing the meta-inf from the jar
would then force everything to go through https.  Ideally I'd love it if
that wasn't needed and we could get the resource fetch working everywhere.

Karl

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 8:20 AM Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well i am not sure how they solved it - I will share a tested solution in
> Jira and everyone can check. Maybe their wsdl is accessible through http?
>
> What works is doing call through https,  but thee fetching of WSDL did not
> - as this is through another mechanism.
>
> I don’t think that the open text is different, the WSDL look very similar
> to the repository.
>
> The strange thing is that for this error message it tries to access the
> xsd through a https url (which is perfectly accessible for the server).
> Could it be that the connector restrict itself somehow to local file
> system only or similar?
> Have you faced this issue before?
>

> Am 16.01.2020 um 12:56 schrieb Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>:
>

> I should say that we have (AFAICT) at least two independent installations
> of the csws connector working in the field, at least one of them using
> secure connections.
>
> Karl
>

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 6:54 AM Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We solved the WSDL fetching through HTTPS, or thought we had, by
>> restructuring the code according to a number of articles we found.  This
>> was supposedly tested and worked in one installation.  Nobody has ever
>> reported issues with the wsdls being fetched however; I worry that you may
>> have a different version of OpenText that is incompatible with the one we
>> developed against.  That's the problem with this kind of architecture;
>> unless the wsdls are included in the jar there can be issues.  We tried to
>> do that too but were unable to get it to work.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 5:34 AM Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok i fixed the source to fetch WSDL from https (it is not perfect yet as
>>> it does not use the truststore yet but this I can fix) - I will share later
>>> in a Jira.
>>> It is however now unable to locate the imported document
>>> /Authentication?xsd=2 relative to Authenticaton?wsdl#types1
>>>
>>> I will look into this, but if someone has come cross it then please let
>>> me know.
>>>
>>> Am 16.01.2020 um 10:22 schrieb Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com>:
>>>

>>> Coming back to the original topic. I believe SSL was never fully solved
>>> from what i read in the corresponding issue. Apparently, the fetching of
>>> the WSDL itself through https was not possible. Do you remember still some
>>> insights beyond what is written in the issue ?
>>>
>>> Am 16.01.2020 um 00:37 schrieb Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>:
>>>

>>> Let me think about that option.
>>>
>>> Karl

 We