maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Andreas Wuest (JIRA)" <j...@codehaus.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (MWAR-59) artifact extension set incorrectly in a multi-module build
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:37:20 GMT
    [ http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-59?page=comments#action_72173 ] 
            
Andreas Wuest commented on MWAR-59:
-----------------------------------

Still having this problem. the following post will contain a patch, at least
for the "ejb-client" type in the dependency. so here is what i found out.

With the latest cvs snapshot it is not possible to add the ejb client to the
war, always the ejb.jar will be added to the war file what is not
really inteded. the project looks like :

Parent
- Project A (Ejb)
- Project B (War)


this dependency will only add the ejb(server).jar to the war file.
What i really want is that the created ejb-client.jar  is added to the war.
adding the ejb(server).jar to the war file does not  make sense for the 
war file.
(the maven-ejb-plugin created a server and client version for the 
de.blubb.project_name.ejb projekt,
  which is actually another module of my project)
 <dependency>
          <groupId>de.blubb.project_name</groupId>
         <artifactId>ejb</artifactId>
         <version>1.0</version>
         <type>ejb-client</type>
 </dependency>

If the patch is obsolete, i was wondering if there is anybody out
there who is using the maven-ejb-plugin in combination with
the maven-war-plugin and is actually adding the
created ejb-client to the created war file successfully.

As far as i can tell the maven-ejb-plugin creates a client (if
requested) with the name <artifcat>-<version>-client.jar. however
the maven-war-plugin does not respect the "-client" in the client's
name. even if i set the "type" of the dependency to "ejb-client"
it is still getting the "ejb.jar", not the "ejb-client.jar". My
patch fixes this problem.

i can provide a testcase that shows the current problem, if requested.

sorry for the long comment.

> artifact extension set incorrectly in a multi-module build
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MWAR-59
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-59
>             Project: Maven 2.x War Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.0, 2.0.1
>            Reporter: Brett Porter
>             Fix For: 2.0.2
>
>         Attachments: ejb-client-patch.txt, ejb-client-test-patch.txt
>
>
> from the list...
> unfortunately [MWAR-38] is not fully fixed - It still does not work in a
> multi-module build.
> We do have here the following structure:
> root
>       jarmodule
>       ejb
>       webapp
> Running a "mvn package" inside the webapp module, the EJB-Client jar from
> the ejb module is resolved correctly and copied to WEB-INF/lib with the
> correct ".jar" ending.
> Running the "mvn package" from the root module, the ejb-client jar from the
> ejb module is resolved but copied with a ".ejb-client" ending, and not with
> ".jar".
> You can test this by using the "daytrader" example from the Maven book.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message