maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "John Casey (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Commented: (MNG-2805) Provide mechanism for suppressing inherited/injected/mapped mojo binding
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:00:44 GMT


John Casey commented on MNG-2805:

for more info.

> Provide mechanism for suppressing inherited/injected/mapped mojo binding
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: MNG-2805
>                 URL:
>             Project: Maven 2
>          Issue Type: New Feature
>          Components: POM
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.4
>            Reporter: John Casey
>             Fix For: 2.1-alpha-1
> In some cases, a mojo should be suppressed from the build process. If this mojo binding
comes from a parent POM or a lifecycle mapping, it's not possible to simply comment out that
mojo binding. Currently this sort of functionality is left to the individual plugins to implement
as parameters that cause each mojo to bow out. This use case is common enough in large development
environments (for addressing the 80% with no customization, but allowing the remaining 20%
the control to use the same parent POM with subtractions) to warrant a built-in suppression/disabling
> Suppression should be available by plugin or by plugin-execution. To suppress bindings
from the packaging-mapping, the default executionId 'default' can be used.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see:


View raw message