maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Claus Ibsen (JIRA)" <j...@codehaus.org>
Subject [jira] Closed: (SUREFIRE-312) Surefire report includes other testcases in TEST-XXX.xml files
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 12:01:34 GMT

     [ http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-312?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Claus Ibsen closed SUREFIRE-312.
--------------------------------

       Resolution: Fixed
    Fix Version/s: 2.3

It is fixed in the 2.3 version. I was using Maven 2.05 vanilla that apparently has an older
version of this plugin.

PS: Would be nice if maven could report what version its plugins are in the dist it uses and
if it could report if there are never versions of the plugins that you could upgrade to (like
Firefox can do auto updates)

> Surefire report includes other testcases in TEST-XXX.xml files
> --------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SUREFIRE-312
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-312
>             Project: Maven Surefire
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: report plugin
>    Affects Versions: 2.3
>         Environment: Windows XP, JUnit
>            Reporter: Claus Ibsen
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 2.3
>
>         Attachments: surefire-bug.JPG
>
>
> I am a comitter on WebWork/XWork and we have changed to maven.
> I have some strange behaviour using maven and running the unit tests using surefire.
> I have discovered that surefire reports more testcases in it's TEST-XXX.xml files than
there actually are testXXX methods for within the JUnit testcase.
> As an example is this JUnit test file that has 13 methods for testing.
> <testsuite errors="0" skipped="0" tests="13" time="0.015" failures="0" name="com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.TimerInterceptorTest">
> But in the bottom of the TEST-com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.TimerInterceptorTest.xml
file there are much more testcases listed (the 13 from the bottom is the correct tests):
>   <testcase time="0.109" name="testModelDrivenGetsPushedOntoStack"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testStackNotModifedForNormalAction"/>
>   <testcase time="0.015" name="testInterception1"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInterception3"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInterception2"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testBasicBlocked"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testBasicAllowed"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testAllSubpropertiesAllowed"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testEnsureOnlyPropsBlocked"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testAllSubpropertiesBlocked"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testBasicBlockAll"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testTreeBlocking"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesAndExcludesMethodWithExcludeWildcard"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testExcludesMethodWithWildCard"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInvokesActionInvocationIfNoErrors"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesAndExcludesMethodWithIncludeWildcardAndNoMatches"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesAndExcludesMethodAllWildCarded"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesAndExcludesMethodWithIncludeWildcard"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesMethod"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesAndExcludesMethod"/>
>   <testcase time="0.015" name="testNoValidateAction"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testIncludesMethodWithWildcard"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testExcludesMethod"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testReturnsInputWithoutExecutingIfHasErrors"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testErrorLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInfoLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInputMethod"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testLogCategoryLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testDebugLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testWarnLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testFatalLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testLogCategory"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testTraceLevel"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testDefault"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testNoNamespace"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testTimerInterceptor"/>
>   <testcase time="0" name="testInvalidLogLevel"/>
> So when you generate the surefire report using: mvn surefire-report:report
> The HTML report is wrong as it would list to many testcases when you browse each junit
test class.
> It can be tested by checking out the source code from XWork and run: mvn test.
> URL: https://svn.opensymphony.com/svn/xwork/trunk
> Se the attached image.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message