maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Steven Coco (JIRA)" <j...@codehaus.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (MJAVADOC-123) Encoding Error When Getting project.name For JavaDoc -doctitle
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:29:59 GMT

    [ http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-123?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_99380
] 

Steven Coco commented on MJAVADOC-123:
--------------------------------------

I'm sorry I let so much time pass on this!

I got it working: setting the JavaDoc plugin's encoding and charset to UTF-8 has fixed my
problem.

I was assuming that since this platform's encoding is UTF-8 then Maven would be using that
in some place, but I think I failed to see the real picture of what files are being created
and the JavaDoc plugin's work flow. I think I was just confused: it's working this way. If
you think this does seem right then that should clear this up.

Thanks for the help.

Ciao!
-Steev Coco.

> Encoding Error When Getting project.name For JavaDoc -doctitle
> --------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MJAVADOC-123
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-123
>             Project: Maven 2.x Javadoc Plugin
>          Issue Type: Bug
>         Environment: Linux coco-laptop 2.6.20-15-generic #2 SMP Sun Apr 15 07:36:31 UTC
2007 i686 GNU/Linux
> Maven version: 2.0.6
>            Reporter: Steven Coco
>            Assignee: Vincent Siveton
>             Fix For: 2.3
>
>         Attachments: javadoc-encoding-2.tar.gz, javadoc-encoding-3-4.tar.gz, javadoc-encoding.tar.gz
>
>
> I have found an encoding handling error in JavaDoc generation.
> The POM for this project is in UTF-8 encoding. the project.name element contains the
trade mark character, U+2122.
> When the JavaDoc plugin builds the documentation, the default HTML charset is used: ISO-8859-1.
> When viewing the JavaDoc pages, the trade mark character in the title has been munged:
"™".
> At some location, the project name's text is being copied and ported to the JavaDoc tool
in the wrong encoding.
> The attachment has a test case. Since it's very small, the javadoc has already been built
there to prevent any unwanted encoding mismatches during transmission of the attachment. View
the POM to see the trade mark character in the name. View target/site/apidocs/index.html to
see the munged trade mark character. View the src/main/java/overview.html file to see the
other content used for the API overview page.
> N.B.: In the attachment, all files are in UTF-8 encoding.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

       

Mime
View raw message