maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "John Casey (JIRA)" <j...@codehaus.org>
Subject [jira] Closed: (MNG-3740) Plugin builds that reference earlier versions of themselves in the <plugins> section of the POM result in StackOverflowError in 2.1.0-M1-RC12
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:53:48 GMT

     [ http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3740?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

John Casey closed MNG-3740.
---------------------------

    Resolution: Fixed

> Plugin builds that reference earlier versions of themselves in the <plugins> section
of the POM result in StackOverflowError in 2.1.0-M1-RC12
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MNG-3740
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3740
>             Project: Maven 2
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Plugins and Lifecycle
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.0-M1
>            Reporter: John Casey
>            Assignee: John Casey
>            Priority: Blocker
>             Fix For: 2.1.0-M1
>
>
> The following seems to result from a project-reference cycle between a plugin project
and itself. For instance, when the compiler plugin build configures an earlier version of
the compiler plugin, a project reference is established between the compiler plugin and itself
in the reactor. This results in a StackOverflowError when trying to calculate the concrete
state for the compiler plugin project, since it's trying to traverse project references (to
itself).
> {noformat}
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO] Reactor build order:
> [INFO]   Maven Plugins
> [INFO]   Maven Remote Resources Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Ant Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven AntRun Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Assembly Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Changelog Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Changes Report Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Checkstyle Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Clean Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Compiler Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Dependency Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Deploy Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven DOAP Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Documentation Checker Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven EAR Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Eclipse Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven EJB Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven GPG Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Help Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven IDEA Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Install Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Invoker Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Javadoc Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven JAR Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Linkcheck Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven One Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Patch Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven PMD Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven RAR Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Repository Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Resources Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Shade Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Site Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Source Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Stage Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Toolchains Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven Verifier Plugin
> [INFO]   Maven WAR Plugin
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Building Maven Plugins
> [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:
> checking for updates from snapshots
> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:
> checking for updates from snapshots
> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:
> checking for updates from apache.snapshots
> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.enforcer:enforcer:1-SNAPSHOT: checking for
> updates from snapshots
> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.enforcer:enforcer:1-SNAPSHOT: checking for
> updates from snapshots
> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.maven.enforcer:enforcer:1-SNAPSHOT: checking for
> updates from apache.snapshots
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] null
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Trace
> java.lang.StackOverflowError
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.projectWasChanged(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:2033)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.restoreDynamicStateInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:2006)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.restoreDynamicState(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1994)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.calculateConcreteStateInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1836)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.calculateConcreteStateInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1842)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.calculateConcreteProjectReferences(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1949)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.calculateConcreteStateInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1918)
> ...
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.calculateConcreteStateInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1842)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.calculateConcreteProjectReferences(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1949)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.calculateConcreteStateInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1918)
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 22 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Tue Sep 02 13:53:56 CEST 2008
> [INFO] Final Memory: 6M/254M
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> {noformat}

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message