maven-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Adrien (JIRA)" <j...@codehaus.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (SCM-466) Release prepare causing exit Code 141 in linux with clearcase
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:33:45 GMT

    [ http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-466?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=174688#action_174688
] 

Adrien commented on SCM-466:
----------------------------

does the modified classes would work for you?

> Release prepare causing exit Code 141 in linux with clearcase
> -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SCM-466
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-466
>             Project: Maven SCM
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: maven-scm-provider-clearcase
>    Affects Versions: 1.2
>         Environment: Linux
>            Reporter: Adrien
>
> Hi
> We've been struggling for a while with the release prepare in the linux env.
> For some kind of reason, it was not executing the release prepare properly.
> The error that we were getting was
> [INFO] Checking out file: /view/agracia_ETS_FEST_COMMON1.0_int/cc/ETS_FEST/FEST_COMMON/pom.xml
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Unable to enable editing on the POM
> Provider message:
> The cleartool command failed.
> Command output:
> Surprisingly, all this was working in windows. Even though we use linux for our build
we had to use windows for the release prepare plugin.
> We investigated for a while but gave up.
> We decided to give it another chance and we finally found the issue.
> during the edit process., the ClearCaseEditConsumer class was throwing a IndexOutOfBound
exception which was the source of the problem
> We are still wondering why this was working in windows and not linux. The only guess
is the state of either the thread or the output stream is being handled differently in both
env.
> Now the bug:
> in the consumeLine method you do
>  int beginIndex = line.indexOf( '"' );
> then you try to extract the file name
> But sometimes there is no filename 
> String fileName = line.substring( beginIndex + 1, line.indexOf( '"', beginIndex + 1 )
);
> This cause the IOOE
> The line that was causing the issue for us was
> Attached activity:
> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
>         at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1938)
>         at org.apache.maven.scm.provider.clearcase.command.edit.ClearCaseEditConsumer.consumeLine(ClearCaseEditConsumer.java:64)
>         at org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.StreamPumper.consumeLine(StreamPumper.java:195)
>         at org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.StreamPumper.run(StreamPumper.java:144)
>   activity:release_prepare.3648@\ETS_CCM_PROJECT  "release prepare"
> We fixed it by adding
> if(beginIndex != -1){
> 	        String fileName = line.substring( beginIndex + 1, line.indexOf( '"', beginIndex
+ 1 ) );
> 	        editFiles.add( new ScmFile( fileName, ScmFileStatus.UNKNOWN ) );
> }
> instead of 
> 	        String fileName = line.substring( beginIndex + 1, line.indexOf( '"', beginIndex
+ 1 ) );
> 	        editFiles.add( new ScmFile( fileName, ScmFileStatus.UNKNOWN ) );
> The other consumers have potentially the same issue so we fixed those as well
> I hope that you will be able to fix this in the next release.
> In the meantime we are using our own version of the module.
> thanks 
> Adrien

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message